Monday, July 16, 2012

Blue and White Wreath





Blue and White Wreath

I wanted to make a wreath to hang on our door for the spring.  Well...it is now a summer wreath because I was so busy in the spring.  Here is how I made it:

MaterialsFoam wreath, 8-10 pieces of felt squares, 2 yellow buttons, 2 gray buttons, pins, fancy pearl pins, & yarn.  

Procedures: 

1. Decide on your yarn colors.  I found it easier to cut a handful of yarn to wrap around the wreath.  To begin, pin the yarn and wrap.  Then, pin again at the end. 




2.  When you are finished wrapping the yarn you will need to cut felt circles for the flowers.  I used a spool of ribbon to trace my circles with a pencil.  I found that you could cut 2 sheets of felt at a time by pinning then together. 


3.   To make the flowers I folded the circles to create flowers.  First, I outlined the ares where I wanted to flowers to be placed.  Then, I started folding and pinning the flowers into place using small pins.  



4.  The last step was to add embellishments.  I used buttons that I bought at JoAnn Fabrics.  I pinned the two buttons together using fancy pins.  It was easy! 



I hope you enjoy your new wreath!  This project was pretty easy and did not take too long.  :)


K.I.S.S.
-Sarah


No comments:

Post a Comment