Saturday, February 11, 2012

Valentine's Day Heart Wreath Decor


Pin It

ANOTHER WREATH!!


If you haven't noticed, I have been on a bit of a wreath kick lately. First the Christmas bulb wreath and now I found this super cute Valentine's Day felt wreath on on what else, Pinterest!!! 


Here's what you need and some easy-to-follow steps so you can make your own!

Supplies:
  • About 200-250 straight pins. I suggest getting some with a head like the one's picture below because the rounded end help dull the pressure on your fingers.
  • Red felt, about a yard (I used about 1.5 yards) because I placed my pieces closer together. In hindsight I would probably spread mine apart more to create a more textured look to the final product.
  • A Styrofoam heart to use as a base.
  • A circle stencil with a 3 inch diameter (use the top of a mug or mason jar etc.) I cut mine out of a Kleenex box so it was more durable.
  • A sharpie to do your tracing. I recommend using a red one so that it doesn't stick out on the edges after cutting each circle out.
  • Some quality scissors


Once you have your supplies you are going to need to trace out your circles on the felt and cut them out. You have to fold each circle in half twice. Here's how:



Then take a straight pin and pin it through the bottom of the point. Then stick the pin with the felt into the Styrofoam. Continue doing this placing each folded circle close together filling in the spaces. Continue the process for the whole wreath. You will not need to do this on the back of the wreath. Then I took a piece of black and white ribbon (about 8 inches) and folded it into a loop and pinned it several times into the back of the wreath to hang it from.




Here's my finished product. Sorry the picture is so terrible. I think it is about time for me to invest in a new camera! It really doesn't do it justice.





HAPPY CRAFTING!!!
Ashley :)

No comments:

Post a Comment